Inmarsat names GMN Most Successful Solution Developer of 2011
Award given in recognition of XGate satellite email for IsatPhone Pro data service and RedPort wXa network management services for Fleet Broadband and BGAN. MARYVILLE, TN NOVEMBER 30, 2011
– Global Marine Networks (GMN), the leaders in advancing satellite data speed and services, was named Most Successful Solution Developer of 2011 by Inmarsat in recognition of its satellite data hardware and service solutions for Inmarsat. In 2011, GMN has launched both XGate satellite email for Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro service, and RedPort Global vessel network manager services for Inmarsat Fleet Broadband and BGAN.
XGate is a software application that keeps families and work groups in touch over satellite phone data services through email and web acceleration, one-touch blogging, and GPS vessel tracking, all optimized for use with narrowband satellite phone data service. GMN worked closely with Inmarsat to make XGate satellite email and web service available for the IsatPhone Pro concurrent with the launch of IsatPhone Pro data service. GMN XGate established the independent Inmarsat speed benchmark for IsatPhone Pro data service.
RedPort Global is a complete suite of satellite network management solutions. The RedPort wXa routers are Inmarsat-certified for use with Inmarsat VLA accounts for Fleet Broadband service. With RedPort Global, Fleet Broadband and other IP-based data users can save up to 80% on their satellite airtime usage while generating new revenue streams through a host of features including:
- Prepaid VoIP voice service giving up to 25 minutes of talk time from each megabyte of data
- Prepaid email and Internet services for crew morale, passenger sales, or ship’s operations
- Data compression, caching and control
- Least-cost routing, failover and load-balancing
- Firewall filtering by MAC or TCP/IP address and/or port number provide advanced controls as well as Skype and Adobe Flash blocking
- On-board management – Access and control a ship’s IT network as if on the ship.
- Weather and Oceanographic data
As an independent solutions provider, GMN works directly with Inmarsat Service Providers (SPs) and Distribution Providers (DPs) to help them offer their customers best-in-class voice and data services. About Global Marine Networks, LLC
Global Marine Networks (GMN), the leaders in advancing satellite data speeds and services, helps Fixed and Mobile Satellite Services providers and their customers by offering the industry’s fastest, most reliable and easy-to-use email, web, and other hardware and software services to maritime, oil and gas, first responder and business continuity users. The company’s products include XGate high-speed satellite email, WeatherNet weather and oceanographic data software, and vessel tracking systems. Ship to shore network management solutions are sold by GMN under the RedPort Global brand name at www.redportglobal.com
and as white-label solutions for the world’s premier satellite data service providers.
GMN has numerous awards and certifications for technical innovation and holds pending patents on its products. For more information on how GMN is Making Airtime Count™ - whether ship to shore, or in remote or emergency communications environments visit www.globalmarinenet.com.