Complete solution of satellite routers and software saves up to 80% on satellite airtime rates while offering VOIP, Prepaid Crew and Passenger Voice and Data Access and Onboard IT Management MARYVILLE, TN NOVEMBER 29, 2011
– Global Marine Networks (GMN), the leaders in advancing satellite data speed and services, today announced the launch of RedPort Global, a satellite network management solution suite for maritime and offshore satellite broadband users and distributors. RedPort Global offers an array of satellite voice and data services that will save up to 80% of satellite airtime while giving more utility for any maritime satellite voice or data user. “GMN has long been a leader in satellite data services,” said Dr. Luis Soltero, President and CTO of GMN. “Now, with the launch of RedPort Global, we are offering satellite broadband users important new data services while building on the foundation of our popular webXaccelerator satellite routers and XGate satellite data products.”
RedPort Global is a complete suite of satellite network management solutions that can save customers up to 80% on their satellite airtime fees while generating new revenue streams through a host of features including:
- Prepaid VoIP voice service giving up to 25 minutes of talk time from each megabyte of data
- Prepaid email and Internet services for crew morale, passenger sales, or ship’s operations
- Data compression, caching and control
- Least-cost routing, failover and load-balancing
- Firewall filtering by MAC or TCP/IP address and/or port number provide advanced controls as well as Skype and Adobe Flash blocking
- On-board management – Access and control a ship’s IT network as if on the ship.
RedPort Global services work together with GMN webXaccelerator (wXa) satellite routers.
- Weather and Oceanographic data
Concurrent with the launch of RedPort Global services, GMN is launching 2 new wXa satellite routers. The original webXaccelerator satellite router was launched in October, 2010, to give users of satellite data systems unprecedented control of their installations, while providing firewall, compression and caching service. GMN has received orders for over 700 webXaccelerator satellite routers.
By launching RedPort Global, GMN is offering new services including prepaid VOIP calling for passengers and crew morale, and email and web access for Apple iOS products including the iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone products via Wi-Fi when used with the award-winning XGate satellite phone email acceleration service.
A new web site featuring RedPort Global services and wXa routers is available at http://www.redportglobal.com. Availability and Launch Partners
The GMN webXaccelerator wall-mount, rack-mount and wifi versions are available to the public through Global Marine Networks Channel Partners, as found on the company’s web site at http://www.redportglobal.com
. At launch, RedPort Global distributors include GMPCS Personal Communications, OCENS Satellite Systems, MVS and Evosat. Compatibility
RedPort Global services are designed to work with every major satellite data service, purchased from any satellite service provider, including VSAT, Inmarsat Fleet Broadband and BGAN, Iridium OpenPort, Thuraya IP, or any IP-based connection. RedPort Services running on the GMN webXaccelerator are certified for use with Iridium OpenPort and Inmarsat Fleet Broadband services, and Inmarsat VLA pricing plans.
Select services also work with narrowband satellite services including Globalstar and Iridium data service. About Global Marine Networks, LLC
Global Marine Networks (GMN), the leaders in advancing satellite data speeds and services, helps Fixed and Mobile Satellite Services providers and their customers by offering the industry’s fastest, most reliable and easy-to-use E-mail, web, and other hardware and software services to maritime, oil and gas, first responder and business continuity users. The company’s products include XGate high-speed satellite email, WeatherNet weather and oceanographic data software, and vessel tracking systems. Ship to shore network management solutions are sold by GMN under the RedPort Global and brand names and as white-label solutions for the world’s premier satellite data service providers.
GMN has numerous awards and certifications for technical innovation and holds pending patents on its products. For more information on how GMN is Making Airtime Count™ - whether ship to shore, or in remote or emergency communications environments visit www.globalmarinenet.com.