Complete solution of satellite routers and software saves up to 80% on satellite airtime rates while offering VOIP, Prepaid Crew and Passenger Voice and Data Access and Onboard IT Management MARYVILLE, TN NOVEMBER 29, 2011
– Global Marine Networks (GMN), the leaders in advancing satellite data speed and services, today announced the launch of RedPort Global, a satellite network management solution suite for maritime and offshore satellite broadband users and distributors. RedPort Global offers an array of satellite voice and data services that will save up to 80% of satellite airtime while giving more utility for any maritime satellite voice or data user. “GMN has long been a leader in satellite data services,” said Dr. Luis Soltero, President and CTO of GMN. “Now, with the launch of RedPort Global, we are offering satellite broadband users important new data services while building on the foundation of our popular webXaccelerator satellite routers and XGate satellite data products.”
RedPort Global is a complete suite of satellite network management solutions that can save customers up to 80% on their satellite airtime fees while generating new revenue streams through a host of features including:
- Prepaid VoIP voice service giving up to 25 minutes of talk time from each megabyte of data
- Prepaid email and Internet services for crew morale, passenger sales, or ship’s operations
- Data compression, caching and control
- Least-cost routing, failover and load-balancing
- Firewall filtering by MAC or TCP/IP address and/or port number provide advanced controls as well as Skype and Adobe Flash blocking
- On-board management – Access and control a ship’s IT network as if on the ship.
RedPort Global services work together with GMN webXaccelerator (wXa) satellite routers.
- Weather and Oceanographic data
Concurrent with the launch of RedPort Global services, GMN is launching 2 new wXa satellite routers. The original webXaccelerator satellite router was launched in October, 2010, to give users of satellite data systems unprecedented control of their installations, while providing firewall, compression and caching service. GMN has received orders for over 700 webXaccelerator satellite routers.
By launching RedPort Global, GMN is offering new services including prepaid VOIP calling for passengers and crew morale, and email and web access for Apple iOS products including the iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone products via Wi-Fi when used with the award-winning XGate satellite phone email acceleration service.
A new web site featuring RedPort Global services and wXa routers is available at http://www.redportglobal.com. Availability and Launch Partners
The GMN webXaccelerator wall-mount, rack-mount and wifi versions are available to the public through Global Marine Networks Channel Partners, as found on the company’s web site at http://www.redportglobal.com
. At launch, RedPort Global distributors include GMPCS Personal Communications, OCENS Satellite Systems, MVS and Evosat. Compatibility
RedPort Global services are designed to work with every major satellite data service, purchased from any satellite service provider, including VSAT, Inmarsat Fleet Broadband and BGAN, Iridium OpenPort, Thuraya IP, or any IP-based connection. RedPort Services running on the GMN webXaccelerator are certified for use with Iridium OpenPort and Inmarsat Fleet Broadband services, and Inmarsat VLA pricing plans.
Select services also work with narrowband satellite services including Globalstar and Iridium data service. About Global Marine Networks, LLC
Global Marine Networks (GMN), the leaders in advancing satellite data speeds and services, helps Fixed and Mobile Satellite Services providers and their customers by offering the industry’s fastest, most reliable and easy-to-use E-mail, web, and other hardware and software services to maritime, oil and gas, first responder and business continuity users. The company’s products include XGate high-speed satellite email, WeatherNet weather and oceanographic data software, and vessel tracking systems. Ship to shore network management solutions are sold by GMN under the RedPort Global and brand names and as white-label solutions for the world’s premier satellite data service providers.
GMN has numerous awards and certifications for technical innovation and holds pending patents on its products. For more information on how GMN is Making Airtime Count™ - whether ship to shore, or in remote or emergency communications environments visit www.globalmarinenet.com.
Inmarsat VLA satellite airtime plans offer a tremendous value for any heavy maritime data and voice user – cruise ships, maritime transport, oil rigs, or yachts for example. Designed to compete with VSAT airtime, but using the more affordable and deck-friendly Fleet Broadband 500 hardware, Inmarsat VLA plans offer the best of both worlds to satellite data customers.
These plans could give you, your passengers, or your crew the luxury of VSAT service with all of the advantages of Fleet Broadband.
There are two plans available. An allowance of 10GB/month standard IP data usage runs around $3,000 to $4,000 per month depending on package, both with guaranteed prices for a three-year term.?This gives an effective price as low as $0.25 USD per GB; much less than competing services
. Volume discounts are available for fleet purchasers with more than 30 active units.? Both plans charge around $0.39 USD/minute using Fleet voice calling.
Compatible VOIP service using the GMN webXaccelerator satellite router
can offer voice calls for substantially less. The GMN webXaccelerator also offers compression which can effectively triple or quadruple the amount of data throughput.
Inmarsat VLA plans require the use of a Fleet Broadband 500 and GMN webXaccelerator or other Inmarsat-approved satellite router. Fleet managers can purchase the hardware or lease the equipment to avoid any upfront hardware cost and capital expenditure.
Inmarsat VLA Required Hardware
GMN offers VLA plans with low hardware pricing for purchase or for lease. Customers with existing Fleet Broadband 500 equipment may use their own equipment.
Inmarsat VLA Plan Advantages
Low airtime pricing
- 30 cents/megabyte for data
- 39 cents/minute for Inmarsat voice calls
Uses Fleet Broadband 500 hardware
- Much more affordable than VSAT equipmentSmall footprint on deck
Enabled by GMN webXaccelerator satellite router
- Full satellite router functions give you control over your usage
- On-the-fly load-balancing and failover
- Provides Access Control for Crew Morale calling, email and controlled Internet access
Inmarsat Fleet Broadband Service
- Fast, reliable satellite data and voice service
VSAT vs. Fleet Broadband – Advantage Inmarsat
- Comparable or lower airtime pricing to VSAT service
- Comparable or faster data speeds to VSAT service
- Much more affordable hardware
- Less deck space required for antennas
- Uniform worldwide billing with no roaming fees– most VSAT plans are regional
Inmarsat VLA Service Details
Ship owners can share the allowance between two Fleet Broadband 500 terminals to double throughput or obtain up to 30GB total data access. Users can transfer the commitment terms to another vessel in the same fleet or a new vessel owner.? Inmarsat requires a 36-month commitment, but makes it easy for ships to manage their time by allowing for up to three months inactive time during the term, and early termination is only 6 months worth of fees (not the full remaining commitment). Activation requires ?Inmarsat approval for each individual VLA line.So
me types of data transfers are not permitted. This is where the GMN webXaccelerator comes in: it has the ability to manage data traffic through advanced satellite routing functions. Additionally, it can be used for load-balancing and failover between two or more terminals, creating an Internet Caf? for controlled crew or passenger access and more. Best of all, with shared caching and 3-5X compression for web browsing, you can get an effective usage amount of up to 50GB or 75GB of data.
Inmarsat VLA Blocked file types:
- Point to Point file sharing such as BitTorrent
- Unoptimised Commercial VoIP such as Skype (GMN webXaccelerator VOIP is specifically permitted)
- Broadcast or point to point streaming such as YouTube
- Virtual Private Network access
- Traffic detrimental to the Inmarsat Network
Inmarsat VLA Availability
Inmarsat VLA plans for Fleet Broadband 500 equipment, such as the Thrane & Thrane Sailor 500, is available today from Global Marine Networks.
Inmarsat VLA Purchasing Contact
Sr. Director, Sales and Marketing
+1 865 379-8723